Wednesday 14 September 2011

HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE (Q-CUP FINAL)




This is a late update, but an important one for team orange. Saturday Sept.3. Camp Fortune. New course. Fast!




Imad and I were excited,when we heard 3 weeks prior to the Quebec cup final that it would be on our home course. Also, it was to be a revised/repaired course.




After a sunset series race, we were shown the course by the race organizer himself. Eric (CycleOutaouais), was excited to be taking the reigns and wanted our feedback on both selection and race pace lap times. We were both impressed. It was fast and had 209 meters of climbing per lap.
For those of you who have riden Brian's, you know how technical the climbing is. I really enjoy that type of stuff as opposed to climbing CBC.

We knew what we had to do: Train, and dial the course. Dial we did. Imad showed me some lines, I showed him a couple. Man we knew that course!

So race day came, we assembled at the start line with our new matching helmets. Ready to race!
The start was blistering!
By the end of the start loop climb, we were sitting in 6th and 7th-Awesome!
By lap 2 we had caught 4th place Devinci rider and left him behind.We continued to ride well together, sharing the lead.
Eventually, it was evident that Imad was stronger on the long climbs.Going into the last lap I yelled to him to go for it as we were getting close to the 3rd place Val Morin rider. He did!
At a switchback point he informed me that I could catch 4th. I did!
I jumped around 4th place coming into the home stretch, I botched the last right turn due to some confusion at the finish line and ended up losing the sprint by half a wheel length.

So 3rd and 5th! Best elite result ever for Imad and not far off my best either. Looks like this season is going to end on a high note! Congrats to Imad for a stellar ride. Nice to see all his hard work pay off.

No comments:

Post a Comment